Bills in Committee
Tuesday, Feb. 21
- WHAT: This bill requires the attorney general to file an action for a declaratory judgment to enforce Section 9 of the Utah Enabling Act if the United States does not comply with certain demands; and makes technical changes.
- WHEN: HB91S1 is on the agenda for the House Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment Committee, scheduled at 8 a.m. today, Feb. 21, in Room 445 in the Utah State Capitol Building.
- WHAT: This bill addresses issues related to public lands, including the transfer of title to public lands to the state and requiring the Constitutional Defense Council to study or draft proposed legislation on certain issues related to public lands. The Utah State Board of Education supports the concept of this bill.
- WHEN: HB148 is scheduled to come before the House Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment Committee this morning. The meeting is at 8 a.m. in Room 445 in the Utah State Capitol Building.
- WHAT: This bill defines terms; creates a method within the courts for the appointment of a guardian or conservator for a minor or an incapacitated adult; eliminates a local school board’s ability to designate guardians for students within its district; eliminates expedited guardianship proceedings for residents of the Utah State Developmental Center; and makes technical corrections. This bill takes effect January 1, 2013.
- WHEN: The House Judiciary Committee is scheduled to hear this bill this morning, Feb. 21, in its meeting scheduled at 8 a.m. in Room 20 of the House Building in the Utah State Capitol Building.
- WHAT: This bill recodifies and amends the Utah Procurement Code. This bill takes effect on January 1, 2013.
- WHEN: SB153 is on the agenda for this morning’s Senate Government Operations and Political Subdivisions Committee meeting, scheduled for 8 a.m. in Room 415 of the Utah State Capitol Building.
Find all the education bills we’re tracking this session and the positions the Utah State Board of Education has taken on them under the 2012 Education Bills tab on the menu at the top-right of the page.
* Utah State Board of Education Position
* Green = Support
* Light Green = Support the Concept
* Yellow = Hold for further Study
* Orange = Recommend for Interim Study
* Red = Oppose
* Purple = Unnecessary
* Light Blue = Watch
* Blue = No Position