Utah Schools Earth Science Standards Out for Public Review
Those interested in reading the draft update to the Earth science standards can get a copy online at www.schools.utah.gov/curr/science/.
Those interested in attending a public meeting on the standards and commenting on them may attend any of the following:
- Sept. 19, 7-8 p.m., St. George Library Conference Room A, 88 W. 100 South, St. George.
- Sept. 20, 7-8 p.m., Salt Lake City School District Room 113, 440 E. 100 South, Salt Lake City.
- Sept. 25, 7-8 p.m., Provo School District Professional Development Center, 280 W. 940 North, Provo.
- Sept. 27, 7-8 p.m., Logan School District Office third floor boardroom, 101 W. Center Street, Logan.
- Sept. 28, 7-8 p.m., Carbon School District Office Training Room 3, 251 W. 400 North, Price.
- Oct. 2, 6-7 p.m. Uintah School District Office, 635 W. 200 South, Vernal.
The Utah State Board of Education will look toward adopting the updated standards later this year following public input. www.schools.utah.gov
For more information contact Sarah Young, science specialist at 801-538-7808 or firstname.lastname@example.org