The Utah State Board of Education Coalition of Minorities Advisory Committee (CMAC) has two major purposes:
- Advise the Utah State Board of Education, its offices and other public and private groups concerned with the provision of educational services to ethnic minority students and
- Independently monitor Utah’s efforts to provide appropriate services, especially the activities of the Utah State Office of Education.
Through accomplishing these two purposes, CMAC becomes an effective advocacy group for the educational needs of ethnic minority students.
CMAC is involved in its advisory role at all levels of the decision-making process as decisions are formulated, in response to decisions, and in facilitation of future directions.
Learn more about CMAC and find the contact information for the CMAC members on the USOE Web site at http://www.schools.utah.gov/equity/CMAC.aspx
COALITION OF MINORITIES ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CMAC)
Oct. 25, 2012
12 p.m.- 2 p.m.
Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South, SLC
CMAC’s Purpose: To be an effective advocacy group for the educational needs of ethnic minority students.
Welcome and Introduction – Ike Spencer, CMAC Chair
Cultural Reverence – Debbie Corsino-Moore
1. Approval of Sept. 27, 2012 Meeting Minutes – Ike Spencer
2. Postponed – Updates with CCGP and NOSCA – Lillian Tsosie-Jensen, Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Program Specialist – USOE (30 minute block)
3. Utah Comprehensive Assessment System (UCAS) Presentation – John Jesse, Director of Assessment – USOE (1 hour time block)
4. MESA Update – Jeff Ojeda, Educational Specialist, Interventions for At-Risk Students – USOE
5. New Position Announcement – Sweeney Windchief
6. Standing Agenda item : USOE Social Media – Roxana Orellana, USOE Social Media Specialist
7. Chair Report – Ike Spencer
THIS MEETING IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND.
The next CMAC meeting is scheduled for Nov. 15, 2012 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the Utah State Office of Education in the Boardrooms