Utah International Mountain Forum Essay Contest
In conjunction with the celebration of the 2014 International Year of Family Farming, the Utah International Mountain Forum and Utah Valley University has announced the Fourth Annual Utah High School Essay Contest.
Essay topic: The Family Farm in Mountain Communities.
Goal of essay: To educate and engage the public on the issues of family farming, mountain life, and the ways to serve and lift up our fellow man.
Topics for submission may include, but are not limited to:
- Arid farming practices
- Exportable technology or innovations
- Difficulties facing arid land or high mountain farms
- Family management of farms in the 21st century
- Family vs. industrial farming
- Soil and water solutions
- Economic challenges and solutions in the era of globalization
- Indigenous or cultural farming practices
Submission guidelines: Check HERE
Award: All participants will be awarded a certificate of participation. However, the best student essays will receive a financial award, in addition to a certificate of participation, and a chance to publish his or her work.
Due date: Essay must be submitted by Thursday, February 6, 2014.
Submit essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post was first published by the Utah Career and Technical Education Blog.