The Utah State Board of Education will hold a work/study session on Thursday, September 4 at the Utah State Office of Education, 250 E. 500 South, Salt Lake City. The complete agenda along with more information about agenda items can be found here. Thursday’s work/study session will focus on standards setting and on Board roles and responsibilities. No action will be taken during the work/study session. The Board’s regular meeting is scheduled for Friday, September 5. Both meetings will be streamed live here, but only the full Board meeting on Friday will be streamed. Committee meetings will not be streamed. Shortly after the end of the meeting a summary of major action taken by the Board will be posted here.
Highlights of the Board meeting include:
- Setting cut scores for proficiency levels on the state’s new SAGE computer-adaptive tests.
- A lunchtime discussion with Gov. Gary R. Herbert and a review of his proposed school report card.
- A review of the Board’s 2015 legislative priorities.
- Consideration of allowing computer science to be used as a core science credit for high school graduation.
- A review of the School Children’s Trust annual report.
View the complete Board agenda.