Public Comment Sought on Grades 6 – 8 Science Standards
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah State Board of Education released the 6th-8th grade Utah Science and Engineering Education (SEEd) standards for 90-day public review. Utah SEEd standards are available online for the public to view and provide feedback using an online survey tool. The SEEd standards, as well as the link to the online review tool, are available at: http://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/science/Revision.aspx.
Additional to the online review tool there will be five public meetings held throughout the state where discussion can occur regarding the standards. Each meeting will start at 7 p.m. and run at least one hour.
- Thursday, April 23: Washington School District Office Board Room, 121 Tabernacle St., St. George, UT 84770 (Enter through front side doors)
- Tuesday, April 28: Uintah School District Office Board Room, 635 West 200 South, Vernal, UT 84078
- Wednesday, May 6: Provo School District District Office, 280 West 940 North, Provo, Utah, 84604
- Wednesday, May 13: Cache County School District Office, 2063 North 1200 East, North Logan, UT 84341
- Tuesday, May 19: Salt Lake Center for Science Education Media Center, 1400 Goodwin Ave., Salt Lake City Utah, UT 84116
After the 90-day review period ends on July 9 and revisions based on feedback are made, the standards will be presented to the Utah State Board of Education for final adoption. If final drafts of the standards are approved, they will be fully implemented throughout state 6th-8th grade science classes starting the 2017-18 school year.