The Utah State Board of Education will hold a public hearing on educator license fees, hold a training session on parliamentary procedure, meet as the Governing Board of the Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind, and hold committee meetings at the Board’s office, 250 E 500 South, Salt Lake City on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017 beginning at 1 p.m. The full Board will meet on Friday, Feb. 10 beginning at 8 a.m. at the Board’s Salt Lake City office. Highlights of this month’s meeting include:
- A report and hearing on the Board’s Administrative Rule R277-409, which affects membership in the High School Activities Association.
- A review and potential action on education bills pending before the Utah Legislature.
- A hearing on a proposed increase in educator licensing fees.
- Consideration of approval of new charter schools.
- Consideration of statewide kindergarten entry and exit assessments.
See the full agenda here.